If we hold the keys, viewings can usually be arranged at short notice, including early evenings or on Saturday. Otherwise we will liaise with the landlord or existing tenant to find a convenient time. If you see a property which interests you please call us immediately as some properties go very quickly.
Having selected a property, you will need to complete a written Tenancy Application Form and offer to rent. At this time any details or requirements can be agreed, including occupancy date, duration of the letting, etc.
Belvoir will take references on behalf of the landlord. Normally, this will include your employer, any former landlord and a character reference. In addition, a search of the adverse credit register and a search of the electoral roll register will be carried out.
In some circumstances where a person feels they may not pass the references for reasons such as adverse credit history, a guarantor can be used, or the rent may be paid in advance. Always ask us if you are worried, as there is usually a way around such situations, and it's easiest if mentioned at the start.
Rents are normally quoted on a calendar monthly basis. Rents are paid, monthly in advance, by standing order to the Belvoir Client account. The first months rent is normally paid, in cleared funds, on the day that you sign the tenancy agreement.
A deposit is taken to cover any breakages, dilapidations or deductions due. The deposit is usually held by the DPS (Deposit Protection Service) in a secure client account until the end of the tenancy, and is returned at the end of the tenancy provided there are no damages etc.
At Belvoir Bromley we believe in full transparency of all fees. We have outlined below a full list of fees/charges that may be payable by a tenant.
The price shown in our property advertisements is the per calendar monthly rental cost of the property. Tenancy application charges and possibly other fees will apply but can vary due to a customer's individual circumstances and are therefore, excluded from the price shown.
- Single Occupant Tenancy Fee £180 inc. VAT
This covers all initial administration relating to the tenancy set up, including:
- Processing and validating Tenant Referencing
- Preparation of the Tenancy Agreement
- Administration of the Deposit Protection Scheme
- Check In
- Guarantor Fee (if required) £120 iEach Additional Occupant Tenancy Fee £120 inc. VATnc. VAT
- Tenancy Renewal Fee £66 inc. VAT
- Tenancy Check Out Fee £60 inc. VAT
- Pets – Administration Fee £90 inc. VAT
Additional Tenancy Administration Charges
- Duplicate Tenancy Agreements (free if emailed) £30 inc. VAT
- Duplicate Inventories (free if emailed) £18 inc. VAT
- Duplicate Rent Statements (free if emailed) £18 inc. VAT
- Non-cancellation of Standing Order at the end of the tenancy £12 inc. VAT
- Late Payment of Rent £30 inc. VAT
- Refund Duplicate Rent Payments £18 inc. VAT
- Breach of Terms of Tenancy Letter £30 inc. VAT
- Breaking Tenancy Agreement £300 inc. VAT
In addition, a deposit will be payable on each property - typically the equivalent of 5 weeks rent but dependent on individual landlord.
Belvoir Bromley is a member of NALS, Safe Agent and The Property Ombudsman Scheme.