Through years of experience in the rental industry, the team at Brighton and Hove are aware that unfortunately, sometimes things don’t always go to plan. Despite all the best planning and references circumstances can change; it is always prudent to ensure you have the right protection and cover in place for yourself and your property.
To protect your investment and ensure that you are not left short should you not receive any rental payment, we recommend all our clients to have some rent and legal protection in place. We have been working with a company called Let Alliance for a number of years, who are able to offer a tailor-made insurance package to suit the rental market.
We will always do everything we can to ensure that we find the right tenants and not just the first tenants, but sometimes unforeseen circumstances can change during their tenancy. This could be for many reasons, such as a relationship separation, redundancy or severe illness which may mean despite all their best intentions, being able to pay the rent may not be possible. We want all our clients to have the best cover and to make sure they are protected should these circumstances occur.
Through having the right Rent and Legal protection in place, you could avoid excess costs to obtain possession through the courts, protect your income and get professional and timely advice to ensure the process is completed as quickly as possible.
Rent and Legal Protection covers the following:
- Full rent protection for the monthly rent for up to four tenants, as per tenancy agreement
- Rent paid up until vacant possession is obtained with no time limit and regardless of when the fixed term ends
- Legal costs to obtain possession of the property if the tenant fails to pay the rent
- Total claim limit of £50,000 (or as defined with the higher value rents in excess of £2,500 per month, available on request)
- Covers breaches in the tenancy agreement by the tenant, in respect of non-payment of rent and expired section 21 notices
- Court attendance included as part of the service
- Cover available for 6 or 12 months, to suit your needs
- Service is fully transferable to ensure continuous cover even when there is a change in tenancy (subject to satisfactory references)
- Nil excess with rent paid from the point of first arrears
Should you be interested in taking this cover out, we would be happy to discuss this with you and explain further and answer any questions that you may have. This can be paid monthly, annually or every six months. This is a bespoke and tailor-made cover to ensure that you can relax should the worst-case scenario happen. We will be on hand throughout the whole process to support and work with yourself and Let Alliance to make this as stress free as possible.