One of the major concerns when it comes to renting a property is always about what happens when a tenant stops paying their rent. Sometimes a scenario that is over looked, is ensuring that you have the right buildings and contents insurance in place to act as a safety net should this “worst case scenario” come into play.
At Belvoir Brighton and Hove, our job is not just about putting properties on the websites; it is about offering market leading advice, support and services to ensure you have the best, stress free experience when it comes to renting your property. As part of this service, we will always ensure that you have the correct insurance in place prior to a tenancy commencing. Even though you may have block insurance in place, if you rent out a flat in either a multi-purpose or converted block, this may not be the right cover should issues arise within your property.
We work with a company called Let Alliance, who are specialists in offering tailored and personable products to landlords to ensure that their asset and investment is protected. Through taking out Building and Contents Insurance with Let Alliance, you will have a bespoke product to help, should things not go as planned:
Landlord Building and Contents Insurance
- Nil Excess option (£250 and £500 option is also available)
- Up to £500,000 Building Sum Insured as standard (up to £2m is available upon request)
- Buildings accidental damage included as standard
- Legal liability cover up to £5 million
- Trace and Access covered up to £5000
- Malicious damage by tenant is an option
- Up to 90 days un-occupancy cover
- Contents cover option up to £50,000 sum insured
- Multiple property portfolio quotes (including discount) are available on request
- Alternative accommodation cover – up to £100,000
- Block insurance available upon request
These are of course not the things you want to think about when renting out your property, but having the right protection in place now, can prevent excessive costs, worry and stress further down the line. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact the office and we can ask one of the Let Alliance team to call you directly to discuss a personalised and tailored quote that suits your needs best.