Even the most reliable tenants can default on their rent due to situations that can sometimes be out of their control. With the Belvoir Rent Guarantee service you are protected from rent arrears and tenancy breaches.
What does our Rent Guarantee cover?
- Full rent protection for the total monthly rent, for up to 4 tenants, as named on the tenancy agreement.
- Rent payable until vacant possession is obtained with no time limit and regardless of when the fixed term tenancy ends, with a total claims limit of £50,000 (or as defined with higher value rents in excess of £2,500 per month, available on request).
- Legal costs to obtain possession of the property if the tenants fails to pay the rent.
- Covers breaches of the tenancy agreement by the tenant, in respect of non-payment of rent and expired notices seeking possession.
- Court attendance by one of our advocates included as part of the service.
- Covers available up to 12 months and renewable, also available on a rolling monthly basis.
- Service is fully transferable to ensure continuous cover even when the tenants change (subject to satisfactory references).
Complete peace of mind for Landlords
Relax in the knowledge that your rent is protected and that you will not be out of pocket.
Our obligation to you is that in the event that there are any defaults in the payment of the rent (as set out in the tenancy agreement) by the tenant(s)/guarantors(s) within the tenancy, we will pay rent monthly, as per the rent amount on the tenancy agreement, until vacant possion is gained.
Payment will be made subject to any deductions agreed in the agency agreement. Deductions will also be made for any outstanding charges due from you.
In the event of payments being made under this Guarantee, all of your rights as landlord to recover such sums shall be subrogated to the agent or their insurer in order to effect recovery of sums paid (in the name of the landlord if necessary or expedient). By choosing this service you confirm and agree to the same. Recovery of rents paid out shall be at our sole discretion.
Should you receive any funds from any tenant(s)/guarantor(s) after any date of default which results in us having to pay any monies to you under the terms of this guarantee, you shall immediately notify us of such receipt and shall forward such funds to us immediately on receipt.