The only prices shown in Belvoir property adverts are the calendar monthly rental costs of the properties. Tenancy application charges and other fees will apply but may vary according to a customer's circumstances and the size of the property.
Belvoir Basingstoke holds Client Money Protection Insurance through NALS
The fees listed below are payable by you for services provided by Belvoir in respect of your application and tenancy:-
· Tenancy Fee (covers up to and including 2 tenant applicants) £480 including VAT
This is a one-off fee to be paid in advance following receipt of instruction by the Landlord to accept your application following viewing of the property. The property will remain on the market and available to other applicants until payment of this fee has been received.
The fee covers the following services and is not open to negotiation or ‘cherry-picking’:-
· Ensuring that the Landlord is the owner and has permission and authority to let the property
· Providing details and information on the property and answering questions regarding the tenancy
· Accompanied viewing of the property
· Recording of your details and discussing/negotiating the terms of your proposed tenancy with the Landlord
· Provision of documents to comply with De-Regulation Act
· Providing written confirmation to you of the terms of the tenancy as agreed with the Landlord
· Providing written guidance and instructions on further actions/dates to achieve the agreed tenancy commencement date
· Setting-up of reference-check application
· Payment of out-sourced reference checking
· Copying and processing Right-to-Rent documentation
· Payment of out-sourced Right-to-Rent checks
· General correspondence and progressing of application to enable agreed move-in date to be met
· Share of cost of preparation of conveyancing and accompanying documentation
· Providing accompanied check-in
· Notifying utility providers of opening meter readings and tenant details
· Notifying Local Authority of commencement of tenancy for Council Tax
· During tenancy providing answers to questions regarding the contract terms
· Providing guidance on preparing for handing the property back at the end of the tenancy
· Check-out inspection and report
Upon payment of the Tenancy Fee the property will be deemed as ‘under offer’ and reserved for you against the offer terms accepted by the Landlord. Whilst ‘under offer’ the property will not be shown to any other interested parties and no other application will be accepted.
No part of the Tenancy Fee is a ‘holding deposit’ and therefore will not be credited in whole or in part against the rent or the deposit.
If after payment of the Tenancy Fee you decide not to proceed, or cannot proceed in accordance with the terms of your original offer, or do not pass the reference checks (including ‘Right to Rent’) then the Tenancy Fee will be refunded as follows:-
· £355 in total will be refunded if referencing checks have commenced or if the application cannot proceed due to failure of the application due to not meeting the minimum pass level for income or previous-landlord reference or the Right-to-Rent checks.
· £240 in total if credit checks have been completed and you fail to achieve a positive credit check due to undeclared or inaccurately declared County Court Judgement(s), or an undeclared Bankruptcy Order or Individual Voluntary Arrangement
· £75 in total will be refunded if you withdraw an application once the draft tenancy agreement has been emailed to you
· £Nil will be refunded if you cancel within 2 days of the tenancy commencement date
If, however, the Landlord withdraws before commencement of the tenancy other than for the reasons stated above, the Tenancy Fee will be refunded in full but no other monies will be paid as compensation for any costs or losses incurred or for any inconvenience caused.
Other fees (if applicable to your application) are as follows:-
· Agency Fee per each additional tenant applicant £240.00 including VAT
· Agency Fee for each Guarantor applicant £240.00 including VAT
· Agency Fee for Company Let application £480.00 including VAT
Please note that should you request a new fixed term once the initial fixed term of the tenancy contract has expired the following fee will be payable by you to cover re-referencing and the drawing up of a new agreement subject to the agreement of the Landlord:-
· Renewal Fee (per property) £120.00 including VAT
Payment of the deposit and the initial rental payment is required before the tenancy will be permitted to commence. The payment of those sums MUST be cleared funds in our bank account at the very latest the day before the tenancy starts. In order for your funds to clear, electronic ‘same-day’ payments must be made a minimum of 2 working days before the tenancy starts. Standard electronic payments must be made a minimum of 4 working days beforehand.
Please be advised that the tenancy will NOT be permitted to commence until funds are cleared.
Payment must be made by electronic bank transfer.
We do not accept payment by debit cards, credit cards, cheque or cash.
Future rental payments are due on the day of the month that the tenancy originally commenced and are to be paid by Standing Order in time for the funds to be cleared in our account on the rent-due date (we recommend that your Standing Order is set up for at least 3 days prior to the rent-due date). Rents are always payable in advance.
The deposit will be a sum equivalent to one and a half month’s rent unless stated otherwise at time of offer. We will lodge the deposit in the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) Custodial Scheme unless advised to the contrary at time of offer.
If a pet or pets are to be kept at the property then the deposit will be increased by £250 per pet.
Charges may be levied for failure to comply with certain tenancy obligations as follows:
o £25 including VAT (total for all those named as Tenant) for each letter or email that Belvoir, acting reasonably, has to send to the Tenant concerning breaches of the tenancy agreement, for example, late payment or non-payment of rent.
o £20 including VAT (total for all those named as Tenant) for any payment presented to Belvoir’s bank but returned, refused or re-presented by the bank for any reason. This fee will be payable for each presentation which fails.
o £20 including VAT per payment of rent made if payment was not made by Standing Order.
Once the tenancy has commenced, should you serve notice to end your tenancy and subsequently rescind that notice after a new tenant has been found and referenced, you will be liable to repay £480 including VAT (as a total for all those named as tenant) plus any ‘additional tenant’ and/or Guarantors’ fees as applicable.
Should you seek a change to a term or clause of the tenancy agreement after the tenancy has commenced (for example a change of tenant or occupant), this may be subject to an administration fee. The fee will be advised at the time and will be dependent upon the nature of the change and the work anticipated to be incurred in effecting the change. Any changes will be subject to permission of the Landlord.
Where the Tenant locks himself out of the Property and requires the Agent to attend to open the door using management keys held by the Agent, the Tenant agrees to pay a call-out charge of £36 including VAT.
Where the Tenant loses a key to the Property, the Tenant agrees to pay the Agent a shopping fee of £36 including VAT for arranging replacement keys.
· If a copy inventory is requested, the Tenant agrees to pay a fee of £30 including VAT.
· If a copy tenancy agreement is requested, the Tenant agrees to pay a fee of £30 including VAT.
· If furniture or white goods are not left where stated in the inventory, the Tenant agrees to pay for them to be moved. A call-out of £36 including VAT for the first half hour plus £24 including VAT per hour thereafter will be payable.
· If the Tenant makes a request for a reference during or following the Tenancy, an administration fee of £30 including VAT will become payable. Until this fee is paid, no reference will be provided.
· If, following the check-out, any cleaning is required, the Tenant agrees to pay for a contractor to attend and carry out the works. A fee of £26.40 including VAT per hour, subject to a minimum £26.40 including VAT will be payable. If carpet treatments are required for fleas or where pets have been present, such treatments are charged in addition.
· If, following the check-out, any gardening is required, the Tenant agrees to pay for a contractor to attend and carry out the works. A call-out fee of £36 including VAT for the first hour, plus £24 including VAT per hour thereafter will be payable.
· If, following the check-out, any shopping is required to buy replacement items, such as light bulbs, lamp shades, shower curtains, etc., the Tenant agrees to pay a shopping fee of £30 including VAT, per shop visited, in addition to the cost of the purchases.
Early Release from tenancy contract
An early release is available only by the agreement of the Landlord and where such an agreement is given, it is subject to the Tenant having paid the following fees:
· Administration fee of £300 including VAT. Payable upon agreement being reached with the Landlord and prior to any re-marketing.
· The Landlord’s re-marketing fee, equivalent to 90% of a month’s rent (including VAT) payable upon agreement being reached with the Landlord and prior to any re-marketing. An allowance will be made for the percentage of the original tenancy term remaining i.e. if a request is made when 6 months are left on a 12 month fixed period, the fee will be 50% of the marketing fee above (45% including VAT).
· An inventory fee which varies depending upon property size. This will be between £120 including VAT and £250 including VAT. An allowance will be made for the percentage of the original tenancy term remaining i.e. if a request is made when 6 months are left on a 12 month fixed period, the fee will be 50% of the inventory costs.
· All of the Tenant’s obligations remain until a new Tenant has moved in. This includes the payment of rent and all utility bills. The Tenant agrees to vacate at least 5 working days prior to occupation by the new Tenant in order that a check-out report may be conducted and any minor maintenance and cleaning attended to in advance of the new tenancy. Rent will remain payable for this period.
· If following agreement and payment of the fees, the Tenant vacates in advance of the required 5 working days, the Tenant agrees to continue to be responsible for the property with regards to security, ensuring the property is adequately heated etc. The Tenant agrees to regular visits to the property or to pay the Agent a fee of £30 including VAT per visit, for the Agent to carry out weekly checks etc.
When moving into a managed property, Belvoir inform utility companies of your details to set up accounts. Occasionally the utility companies request a previous address. By signing our terms and conditions you are giving us your consent to pass on this information.
Belvoir Basingstoke is a member of the Property Ombudsman (TPO) for Lettings Redress Scheme under membership number D03414. For detail of the scheme please visit the TPO website:- www.tpos.co.uk
Belvoir Basingstoke has Client Money Protection and is a SafeAgent.
View Belvoir's current list of houses, flats & property to rent in the Basingstoke area here