Residential Tenant Charges
In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments permitted under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Belvoir Andover the ‘Agent’)
Holding Deposit: the equivalent value 1 weeks rent
Deposit: the equivalent value of 5 weeks rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above BOE base rate
During the tenancy, if permitted and applicable
- Utilities: gas, electricity, water, and sewerage
- Communications: telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television license
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages. These may include reasonable costs or losses incurred for loss of keys, security devices and changes to the tenancy agreement or early termination, if the Landlord agrees they can be made, up to the permitted limits.
Residential Tenant Protection
Belvoir Andover is a member of SafeAgent, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Initial Fees Relating to a Company Renting a Property
- Application/Referencing Fees – £600 for up to 2 people residing at the property
- Property holding fee: fee equivalent to 1 week's rent (if the tenancy proceeds, this fee will be used towards your deposit)
- Move out – £150
- Pet Fee (per pet) – £120
- TT Contract Renewal 6/12 mths – £150
- Late Payment Fee – £36
- Early Release Fee:1 Month's rent plus vat (times rent by 1.2 for inc vat)
- Cash Handling Fee (over £500) – £36
- Onward references – £36
- Room Move In Fee – £36
- Duplicate Tenancy Agreements – £36
- Duplicate Inventories – £36
- Duplicate Rent Statements – £18
- Returned Cheques or Standing Orders – £40
- Non-cancellation of standing order charge – £36
- Late payment of rent charge – £36
- Breach of Tenancy Letter – £36
Commercial Property Fees
Initial fees relating to a person(s) or entity applying to rent a commercial property
- Background checks, ID and anti-money laundering checks fee - £600
All the above charges are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
For your protection, all client money is protected and insured via our membership of Safe Agent. To view our certificate, please click here.
Independent redress provided by The Property Ombudsman.