On 17 Nov the Office for National Statistics (ONS) released their House Price Index for September 2015.
The key figures relating to house price changes in the UK are as follows:
- UK house prices up 6.1% in the year to Sep 15, up from 5.2% in the year to Aug.
- House price inflation in England was 6.4%, up from 5.6% to August.
- Average sold house prices in the South-East rose by 7.4%, equal to the 12 month increase to August 15.
A total of 64 properties were sold during September in Newbury RG14, for an average of £335,054. This is an increase of 18.9% against September 2014.
On 22 Oct 15 the Council of Mortgge Lenders (CML) released their data on loans made in September. Key points as follows:
- 27,600 loans were advanced to first time buyers, for a total of £4.2Bn. An increase of 100 loans, no change in value from Sept 15.
- 23,900 loans were advanced for BTL, for a total of £2.8Bn. An increase of 7.6% in number and a decrease of 17.6% in value.
The Newbury RG14 picture remains one of low supply and increasing prices.