On 15 December 2015 the Office for National Statistics (ONS) released their House Price Index for October 2015.
The key figures relating to house price changes in Newbury are as follows:
- UK house prices increased by 7.0% in the year to October 2015, up from 6.1% in the year to September 2015.
- House prices in England rose by 7.4%, up from 6.4% in the year to September 2015.
- In the South-east, prices were up by 9.5% for the year, an increase from the August and September rises of 7.4%.
Newbury RG14 continues to perform more strongly than the south-east. The Land Registry sold house price figures available at the time of writing show 24 properties sold, for an average £327,147 for an increase of 18.1% from October 2014.
This contrasts with the now complete figures for September 2015, when 64 properties were sold in Newbury for an average £335,054 – an increase of 16.9% on September 2014.
On 15 December the Council of Mortgage Lenders released their data on loans for October. Key figures are:
- 29,900 loans totalling £4.6Bn advanced to FTBs, an increase of 3.5% in number and 9.5% in value against Oct 2014.
- 24,800 loans totalling £3.8Bn advanced for BTL, an increase of 27.8% in number and 35.7% in value against Oct 14.