- Doncaster Sheffield Airport – Expansion- Freight
- East Coast Mainline link to the airport – new Freight Terminal by 2024
- Generating a £3.2 billion economic boost to the region
The Northern Powerhouse plans will create 73,000 jobs in the Logistics, Engineering, Energy and Construction sectors in Doncaster.
Additional companies that have invested in Doncaster, in the last five years are:
- The Yorkshire Wildlife Park opened in 2009 and is now extending into 150 acres (61 hectares)
- The Hilton Garden Hotel opened in September 2018
In addition, all of the following companies are building New Housing Developments in Doncaster 2018 – 2020
- Barratt Homes / David Wilson / Persimmon Homes / Keepmoat / Strata / Taylor Wimpey / Lovell / Redrow / Duchy Homes / Miller Homes / Bellway Homes / Charles Church / Muse Developments / Harrison Homes, along with a number of smaller local firms.