- Dundee Homepage
- Rental Properties
- Belvoir Service
- The Dundee Property Blog
- EMERGENCY REPAIRS NUMBER – SATURDAY MORNINGS ONLY – 07570516963
- EMERGENCY ONLY - OUT OF HOURS CONTRACTORS CONTACT DETAILS
- Rental Property - Safety Regulations
- Dundee & Tayside Local Links
- Code of Practice, Complaints Procedure & Redress Scheme
- Newsletter Sign-up
- Contact Dundee
- Expand Navigation
- Collapse Navigation
Pop in and see us...
Mon - Thu 9.30am to 5.30pm
Fri - 09.30am - 4.30pm
Sat & Sun - Closed
Change Letting Agent in 4 Easy Steps!
Let us turn your property into an asset, and NOT a liability in 4 easy steps!
We have recently found quite a number of Landlords approaching us who are unhappy or dissatisfied with their current Letting agent, and have been asking us how to go about moving management of their property to us. If you have a property in the Dundee or Tayside area and are unhappy with your current Letting agent then why not switch?
It may feel like a lot of hassle but we can do most of the work for you.
Below is a step by step guide about how to go about moving from your current Letting agent if you are unhappy with the service they are providing.
1. Find out how much notice you are required to give your current agent. This is likely to be 1 or 2 months and should be contained within the Terms of Business you signed. If you cannot find it, simply contact them and ask them. Once you have this information, give them the required written notice to end your agreement with them. It will be simplest if your notice ends on a rent due date as it will make the rent payment switching process much easier.
2. Ideally you will also need contact details for the current tenant, which your Letting agent should provide. We will contact your current tenant and set up a meeting with them at the property to introduce us and to explain the process going forward. This will involve them adjusting their standing order to pay us rather than your current agent. The timing of this switch will depend on when the notice you give your current agent expires. We will also contact your old agent to arrange the handover of safety certificates, Energy Performance Certificates, Inventories, keys etc.
3. We will send you our paperwork for you to complete and sign.
4. At the point of taking over management, we would usually produce a new tenancy agreement for the tenant to sign. We feel more comfortable using our own, as we know the contents and our legal team have ensured it is regularly reviewed and up to date.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss any issues your having with your current agent the please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01382 228437.