Pop in and see us...
Buy to Let Top Ten Tips
If you are looking to “Buy to Let” in Kingston upon Thames or its surrounding areas contact Belvoir! Kingston letting agents for some helpful advice. In the meantime here are some top tips.
1. Carefully compare property prices and rental potential in the area you are looking to invest.
2. Before you buy a property, check the letting potential with an independent lettings specialist
3. Buy properties that are simple and easy to rent all year round.
4. Only use letting agents that are members of the National Approve Letting Scheme (NALS). Our Landlord Client Accounts are independently audited annually to ensure your money is safe.
5. Make sure you take out specialist lettings insurance which covers you for building, contents, malicious tenant damage, rent and legal expenses (including repossessions expenses) and arrears. Our comprehensive Belvoir landlord insurance gives much more cover.
6. Carefully reference-check your tenants. We use a bespoke tenant referencing process to ensure that tenants are comprehensively checked.
7. Ensure your inventory is comprehensive or you may fall foul of a tenancy deposit complaint. We produce photographic and written inventories to ensure we can settle any disputes.
8. Ensure your property is well presented and simple and neutral in decoration. We can advise and arrange any improvements to maximise letting potential.
9. Keep up with lettings legal changes. At Belvoir Lettings Kingston we have a dedicated legal specialist who is available to answer any queries and constantly keeps us up-to-date with new legislation.
10. Take specialist property financial and tax advice. We have links with local and national professionals to help you minimise your tax bill.