Pop in and see us...
Mon–Fri 0900 to 1700
Sat 0900 to 1300
Buy To Let Top 10 Tips
Whilst we do not sell properties we can offer you unbiased advice to help you decide where to buy and when to buy.
- Carefully compare property prices and rental potential in the area you are looking to invest.
- Before you buy a property check the letting potential with an independent, lettings specialist i.e. not a letting agency that is part of an estate agency (can have conflicting agendas).
- Buy properties that are simple and easy to rent all year round.
- Only use letting agents that are members of the National Letting Approved Scheme (NALS). Our Landlord Client Accounts are independently audited annually to ensure your money is safe.
- Make sure you take out specialist lettings insurance which covers you for building, contents, malicious tenant damage, rent and legal expenses (including repossessions expenses) and arrears. Our comprehensive Belvoir landlord insurance gives much more cover.
- Carefully reference check your Tenants. We use a bespoke Tenant referencing process to ensure that Tenants are comprehensively checked.
- Ensure your inventory is comprehensive or you may fall foul of a tenancy deposit complaint. We produce photographic and written inventories to ensure we can settle any disputes.
- Ensure your property is well presented. Simple and neutral in decoration we can advise and arrange any improvements to maximise letting potential.
- Keep up with lettings legal changes. At Belvoir Devizes we have a dedicated legal contact that helps answer any queries, and constant puts us one step ahead of an ever changing market.
- Take specialist property financial and tax advice. We have links with local and national professionals to help you minimise your tax bill.
Belvoir Devizes will help you select, prepare, advertise, manage, protect and maintain your investment for the life of your ownership of a property.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some forms of mortgage.
We offer the following services:
- Free one to one meetings
- Unbiased advice on where and what to buy (we do not sell property)
- Accurate and realistic rental returns
- Access to bespoke products from Franklyn Financial Management.
- Assistance in managing your property portfolio
- Advice on cost-effective ways of maintaining property and avoiding high repair bills.
- Bespoke insurance products that can protect your investment against accidental and malicious damage as well as non-payment of rent.
Contact us on 01380 726 129 to arrange your free one to one meeting or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org