Pop in and see us...
Mon. 09.30- 17.00
Buy To Let - Top 10 Tips
1. Carefully compare property prices and rental potential in the area you are looking to invest. We have produced an independent area guide for Lisburn.
2. Before you buy a property check the letting potential with an independent, lettings specialist i.e. not a letting agency that is part of an estate agency (can have conflicting agendas).
3. Buy properties that are easy to rent all year round.
4. Only use letting agents that are members of the National Letting Approved Scheme (NALS). Our landlord ‘client accounts’ are independently audited annually to ensure your money is safe.
5. Ensure your property is well presented.
6. Make sure you take out specialist lettings insurance which covers you for building, contents, malicious tenant damage, rent and legal expenses (including repossessions expenses) and arrears.
7. Carefully reference check your tenants. We use a bespoke tenant referencing process to ensure that tenants are comprehensively checked.
8. Ensure your inventory is comprehensive or you may fall foul of a tenancy deposit complaint. We produce photographic and written inventories to ensure we win disputes.
9. Keep up with lettings legal changes. At Belvoir Lisburn we have dedicated legal contacts that helps answer any queries.
10. Take specialist property financial and tax advice. We have links with local and national professionals to help you minimise your tax bill.
Belvoir Property Lettings Lisburn will help you select, prepare, advertise, manage and maintain your investment for the life of your ownership of a property.
Get in touch with us for more - phone 02892 679020