- Perth Homepage
- Rental Properties
- Properties Wanted
- Information for Landlords
- Information for Tenants
- Buy To Let Advice
- Belvoir Service
- Safety Regulations
- Landlord Testimonials
- Tenant Testimonials
- Specialist Insurance for Landlords and Tenants
- Local Information
- Contact Perth
- Expand Navigation
- Collapse Navigation
Pop in and see us...
Buy To Let
Perth and the surrounding area is a great place to invest; we are surrounded by beautiful countryside with excellent transport links and commuter routes. This coupled with a good industrial base and fantastic schooling contributes towards making it a very popular area to live resulting in high rental yields.
As letting specialists we offer free, unbiased advice on where and what to buy and are happy to provide indicative information to help assist in the offer making process. Many investors are sceptical of estate agents as they can often be biased towards property they are advertising so at Belvoir we are able to give completely impartial opinions without compromise.
Some of the services we offer investors are:
> Free one to one meetings with the business owner
> Free unbiased advice on where and what to purchase
> Accurate and realistic rental returns
> Access to Belvoir exclusive mortgage products
> Assistance in managing your property portfolio
> Advice on cost-effective ways of maintaining property and avoidance of high repair bills
> Protecting your investment against accidental and malicious damage as well as non-payment of rent
> Specialist property taxation advice through our established links with St James’ Place Wealth Management
For a free, no obligation meeting with the business owner to go through your specific requirements for investing in the local area, please call us on 01738 492940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Buy To Let Top Tips
Read our 'Buy to Let Top Ten Tips' or contact Belvoir Perth on 01738 492940 or email@example.com
1. Carefully compare property prices and rental potential in the area you are looking to invest.
2. Before you buy a property, check the letting potential with an independent lettings specialist i.e. not a letting agency that is part of an estate agency as they can have conflicting agendas.
3. Buy properties that are easy to rent all year round.
4. Only use letting agents that are members of the National Letting Approved Scheme (NALS). Our landlord ‘client accounts’ are independently audited annually to ensure your money is safe.
5. Ensure your property is well presented.
6. Make sure you take out specialist lettings insurance which covers you for building, contents, malicious tenant damage, rent and legal expenses (including repossessions expenses) and arrears. We offer comprehensive BELVOIR landlord insurance costs.
7. Carefully reference check your tenants. We use a bespoke tenant referencing process to ensure that tenants are comprehensively checked.
8. Ensure your inventory is comprehensive or you may fall foul of a tenancy deposit complaint. We produce photographic and written inventories to ensure we win disputes.
9. Keep up with lettings legal changes. At Belvoir Perth we have a dedicated legal contact that helps answer any queries.
10. Take specialist property financial and tax advice. We have links with local and national professionals to help you minimise your tax bill.
Belvoir will help you select, prepare, advertise, manage, protect and maintain your investment for the life of your ownership of a property.