When it comes to selling your home, preparing your property for viewings is an integral part of the process and one that can make the difference between an offer being made or not. By following the key principles below, it will hopefully make the sales process faster and potentially add thousands of pounds to the value of your home: –
De-clutter- But don’t de-personalise
- Get rid of any excess belongings taking up space in the property.
- People need to be able to envisage what the property would look like when they live there. Make it easier, by removing any excess items.
- People will also buy into the lifestyle a property can offer. Show them the attractive side of your lifestyle.
- By giving the walls a fresh coat of paint, it will make the property seem fresher, brighter and lighter.
- By using neutral colours, it will help people imagine how they can decorate the rooms. If the property is in a good condition, it will help potential buyers move into the property, without having to worry about redecorating first.
- First impressions count! Give the front door a fresh coat of paint.
Fix and Clean
- Repair any minor maintenance issues. Broken handles, holes in walls, cracked tiles. Give a good first impression!
- Clean the house and make it shine! Remove lime scale, mould around the bath, get rid of any bad odours. Make the house as appealing as possible.
- Tidy the garden- Cut the grass, clean the patio, remove any weeds. Although this won’t add any value, it will help people visualise themselves using the garden.
Update the Kitchen
- The kitchen is the most important and valuable room in the house. It can make the difference if the buyer is unsure De-clutter the surfaces and remove and large appliances.
- Keep it clean and clutter free.
- Upgrading the cabinet fronts and kitchen surfaces can be expensive, but can also add serious value.
By following the above principles, it will help buyers see the vision and potential in your property. By creating the right impression it will help your property sell faster, along with getting the best price possible.