Pop in and see us...
Monday: 0930 - 1730
Tuesday: 0930 - 1730
Wednesday: 0930 - 1730
Thursday: 0930 - 1730
Friday: 0930 - 1730
Saturday: 1000 - 1300
Buy to Let - Top 10 Tips
Read our 'Buy to Let Top Ten Tips' or contact
Belvoir Mansfield 01623 427777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Carefully compare property prices and rental potential in the area you are looking to invest.
2. Before you buy a property, check the letting potential with an independent lettings specialist
3. Buy properties that are simple and easy to rent all year round.
4. Only use letting agents that are members of the National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS) or Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA). Our Landlord Client Accounts are independently audited annually to ensure your money is safe.
5. Make sure you take out specialist lettings insurance which covers you for building, contents, malicious tenant damage, rent and legal expenses (including repossessions expenses) and arrears. Our comprehensive Belvoir landlord insurance gives much more cover.
6. Carefully reference check your Tenants. We use a bespoke Tenant referencing process to ensure that Tenants are comprehensively checked.
7. Ensure your inventory is very detailed or you may fall foul of a tenancy deposit complaint. We produce photographic and written inventories using state-of-the-art software technology to ensure any disputes are limited.
8. Ensure your property is well-presented with neutral decorations and furnishings. We can advise and arrange any improvements to maximise letting potential.
9. Keep up with lettings legal changes. At Belvoir Mansfield we have access to a dedicated legal specialist who is able to answer any queries and constantly keeps us up-to-date with new legislation.
10. Take specialist property financial and tax advice. We have links with local and national professionals to help you minimise your tax bill.
Belvoir Mansfield will help you select, prepare, advertise, manage, protect and maintain your investment for the life of your ownership of a property.