If you’re an avid follower of Mrs Hinch or Marie Kondo then you’ll know just how satisfying it can be to ditch the clutter and have a clean fresh-scented home
However, the thought of floral-scented disinfectant and weekly household chore charts fills some people with dread and they have no idea where to start. Either way, here are our top tips to spring clean your home;
- Make a list of all the little ‘jobs’ you’ve been meaning to do for the last few weeks/months and enjoy the accomplished feeling when ticking them off your list!
- Start upstairs and work your way downstairs (or start one end of your property and move backwards if you don’t have stairs)
- Begin in one room and complete everything in there (i.e. tidying, dusting, hoovering etc) and then move on to the next room.
- Don’t forget things like removing any cobwebs that may have appeared in the corners of the rooms or around light fittings, give your skirting boards a quick dust over, and give the windows a good clean (inside and out).
- Free up much needed space in wardrobes and cupboards by removing any thick wintery clothing/coats and put them into storage or donate them.
- Take down and wash any curtains or window treatments you have.
- Remove sofa cushion covers (if you can) and pop them through the washing machine (on a cool cycle)
- Add a touch of spring colour by placing a vase filled with seasonal flowers like daffodils or tulips in your room(s) of choice