If you’re an avid follower of Mrs Hinch or Marie Kondo then you’ll know just how satisfying it can be to ditch the clutter and have a clean fresh-scented home
- Make a list of all the little ‘jobs’ you’ve been meaning to do for the last few weeks/months and enjoy the accomplished feeling when ticking them off your list!
- Start upstairs and work your way downstairs (or start one end of your property and move backwards if you don’t have stairs)
- Begin in one room and complete everything in there (i.e. tidying, dusting, hoovering etc) and then move on to the next room.
- Don’t forget things like removing any cobwebs that may have appeared in the corners of the rooms or around light fittings, give your skirting boards a quick dust over, and give the windows a good clean (inside and out).
- Free up much needed space in wardrobes and cupboards by removing any thick wintery clothing/coats and put them into storage or donate them.
- Take down and wash any curtains or window treatments you have.
- Remove sofa cushion covers (if you can) and pop them through the washing machine (on a cool cycle)
- Add a touch of spring colour by placing a vase filled with seasonal flowers like daffodils or tulips in your room(s) of choice