×

Contact us today

Please enter your first name.
Please enter your surname.
Please enter your telephone number.
Please enter a valid email address.
Please provide some details about your enquiry.
 

New redress scheme announced prior to mandatory requirement for all Letting Agents to join a redress scheme later this year

All letting and management agents will be required to join one of three approved redress schemes later this year with the third unknown scheme just being announced.

A new redress scheme has been announced prior to mandatory requirement for all Letting Agents to join a redress scheme later this year. Three schemes have been approved by the Government to run redress schemes in the lettings industry.

All letting and management agents will be required to join one of three approved redress schemes later this year with the third unknown scheme just being announced. The three are The Property Ombudsman, Ombudsman Services and the Property Redress Scheme. Nothing is currently known of The Property Redress Scheme

All three schemes will offer independent investigation of complaints especially regarding hidden fees and poor service.

At the moment 60% of letting Agents are already signed up to a redress scheme and the remaining 40% (estimated at 3,000 agents) are advised to join one of the schemes ahead of the legal requirement, due to be implemented at an unspecified date later this year.

Belvoir are already members of The Property Ombudsman

Contact Daniel Bourke of the award winning and licensed Belvoir Dunstable Letting Specialists for a no obligation consultation or guidance on 01582 343209 or call into our shop oat 18 Church Street, Dunstable

Back to the blog

Related Posts