Please see our weekly update to our managed property landlords. Please share with other Landlords. Remember, we are still working hard for our Landlords and are always looking for good properties in the Weston-super-Mare to Portishead area to manage and already have applicants who are looking for properties once this lock-down is over.
We hope you had a lovely Easter and managed to enjoy some of the bank holiday sunshine, despite the ‘lockdown’ we are experiencing. Time feels as if it is racing away and although our eggs were all devoured prior to sundown on Sunday, with the rapid pace the world is changing at, Easter weekend seems to be just a distant memory at this point in the week.
We wanted to touch base this week, with a little less of a legislative update, but more of a friendly reminder that we remain here, working away on your behalf, behind the scenes. The saying ‘we are in this together’ has become a tagline during the fight against COVID-19 but it feels so right to reiterate it. We are in this together. If you have any concerns or queries please feel free to email the team on email@example.com or call on 01934 707430 where somebody will be able to assist you.
Quick notable updates;
- North Somerset Council have detailed that they are opening conversations with people unable or struggling to pay their council tax. This application should be done via the North Somerset Council website but if residents are unable to access the internet this can be done via telephone.
- The market is currently somewhat stagnant, as we are unable to conduct non-essential move-ins, we do however continue to have interest from parties who want/need to move once restrictions have lifted. We expect there to be a great deal of pent up demand once the government eases ‘lock-down’. We therefore recommend discussing properties that will be coming available with the team at your earliest convenience, virtual appraisals are possible for new properties to assist us in providing you with a rental valuation. Your recommendation has always been our strongest marketing tool and for this we are eternally grateful. Most of our new business is earned through recommendation from existing clients, if you know anybody looking to let their property or to invest in properties, please put them in contact with us. We appreciate it more than ever at times like this.
- We have seen an industry wide increase in re-mortgages while people who are outside of their fixed term capitalise on the low rates on offer at present. If you would like to discuss the rates available to you at this moment, please contact us and we will be able to put you in contact with a mortgage advisor.
- For anybody isolating with children (or looking for a relaxation activity) photographer Martin Walters has transformed a selection of his photographs of Portishead into colouring sheets. If you use these, please feel free to photograph your end result and post this on our Facebook page for us to share. https://www.scrumpyphotos.com/Portishead-colouring-in/
- The NHS have put together a few handy hints and tips to ensure you maintain a positive mental headspace during these extended periods of time at home. The link to this information can be found below https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/coronavirus-covid-19-staying-at-home-tips/
- Keep updated on our blog https://www.belvoir.co.uk/articles/branch-weston-super-mare
- If you would be interested in a free Q&A Zoom meeting/webinar (weekly/by-weekly) please let us know and we can look into the logistics of organising this and send invites to attend.
Stay safe, stay positive and stay home
The team at Belvoir
Domenica, Daniella & David