On 15 December 2015 the Office for National Statistics (ONS) released their House Price Index for...
On 15 December 2015 the Office for National Statistics (ONS) released their House Price Index for October 2015.
The key figures relating to house price changes in Newbury are as follows:
- UK house prices increased by 7.0% in the year to October 2015, up from 6.1% in the year to September 2015.
- House prices in England rose by 7.4%, up from 6.4% in the year to September 2015.
- In the South-east, prices were up by 9.5% for the year, an increase from the August and September rises of 7.4%.
Newbury RG14 continues to perform more strongly than the south-east. The Land Registry sold house price figures available at the time of writing show 24 properties sold, for an average £327,147 for an increase of 18.1% from October 2014.
This contrasts with the now complete figures for September 2015, when 64 properties were sold in Newbury for an average £335,054 - an increase of 16.9% on September 2014.
On 15 December the Council of Mortgage Lenders released their data on loans for October. Key figures are:
- 29,900 loans totalling £4.6Bn advanced to FTBs, an increase of 3.5% in number and 9.5% in value against Oct 2014.
- 24,800 loans totalling £3.8Bn advanced for BTL, an increase of 27.8% in number and 35.7% in value against Oct 14.