Brief analysis of ONS House Price Index for July 2015 with Land Registry data for house sales in RG14. Newbury sold house prices up 41.3% in 12 months to July 2015.
On 15 Sep 15, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) released their House Price Index for July 2015.
The headline figures concerning house price changes in the UK are as follows:
- UK house prices up 5.2% in the 12 months to July 15, down from 5.7% to June 15.
- England House prices up by 5.6%.
- Prices in the south-east up by 6.7%.
- Seasonally adjusted increase of 0.8% between June and July 2015.
The Land Registry reports 31 sales in RG14 at an average of £379,046, a 41.3% increase on July 2014, when 103 properties were sold.
In order to get more useful numbers, we can look at Quarterly sales. Q2 2015 saw 115 sales in RG14 at an average of £297,878. This is an increase of 15.4% against Q2 2014, and an increase of 3.8% on Q1 2015.
Also out this week the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) released their report for Jul 15. Key points are:
- £4.6bn in loans to 30,200 first time buyers in July, up 4.5% in value and 2.7% in number on June, up 4.5% in number and 7.0% in value on July 14.
- £3.8bn on 25,200 BTL loans in July, up 11.8% in value and 14.0% in number on June. Up 39.2% in number and 52.0% in value on July 14.