On the market with a Southall agent is this three bedroom flat above Kodak in Yiewsley High Stree...
On the market with a Southall agent is this three bedroom flat above Kodak in Yiewsley High Street. It's on the market at £199,999.
The positives for me are:
- The location is good for proximity to great bus services and the West Drayton Crossrail station.
- Parking comes with the property
- Shops over premises tend to be spacious, and this being a purpose built flat should be reasonable.
Not wanting to say negatives, but matters I would want to investigate or be aware of are:
- Property over high streets tends to be slower to let (and sell). Crime rates are higher than residential areas and potential noise disturbance puts potential tenants off. What's the security like?
- With no internal photos a through viewing would be needed (but isn't it always!)
- The lack of a service charge means repairs are probably organised more casually than a management company would do. I would engage a conyencing solicitor who has experieance in these kinds of repairing leases.
- What is the EPC information
With a rent of £1100 which is the least I would expect for a three bedroom property in reasonable condition the yield would be 6.6%.
At a reasonable price I would investigate this one further.