Listed with Campsie is this two bedroom flat above Yiewsley High Street. Yiewsley is the northern part of West Drayton, the two areas are pretty much synonymous with each other. he property is on the market for £195,000.
Listed with Campsie is this two bedroom flat above Yiewsley High Street. Yiewsley is the northern part of West Drayton, the two areas are pretty much synonymous with each other.
The property is on the market for £195,000. Now there has recently been shiny new builds released, in fact so new they are still on plan, a few hundred metres away from here at £345,000 so this looks like a good chance to get a two bed under two hundred thousand.
So good price point. On the rental front in the area, the cheapest two beds are £1000pcm nearer Heathrow around Sipson and £1050pcm in West Drayton with a median average price of circa £1350pcm (which is kept high by the nice flats at Parkwest on Portal Way). At £1000pcm the gross yield would be 6.1%.
- Long Lease of 170 years
- Close to West Drayton Station - will benefit from Crossrail from 2019
- Close to local amenites - shops, bars and restaurants
- Good price for a two bed in the area.
- Over Shops and potentially a fast food outlet which can impact on insurance and mortgages so check carefully with your providers - or mine if you want to talk it over.
- Flats above shops take longer to let and sell more slowly than conventional property which is reflected in the price.
- Unusual rhomboid shaped plan - either character or awkward depending on your or your tenants point of view
- Small second bedroom. 1.7m width make this more difficult to let to sharers who tend to like more equal rooms. Not large enough to move round a double bed.
The property looks to be nicely presented and the location is good so it might be worth taking a look at to get a feel for it.
Belvoir Uxbridge don’t sell property, we are lettings specialists, but we do guide people based on our experience as to what might make a good buy to let property investment in the Uxbridge, Hillingdon, Hayes and West Drayton area. We don’t charge for this service but we would like to manage your property or help you find great tenants.