Pop in and see us...
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
Saturday 10.00am to 2.00pm
The Application Process & Fees for Tenants
If you see a property which interests you please call us immediately as some properties go very quickly. Call us on 01925 636 855 or come and see us at our office on 49 Sankey Street, Warrington and we will arrange viewings.
Our trained staff will take the time to listen to you and ensure you get the right property, in the right location and at the right price.
If we hold the keys, viewings can usually be arranged at short notice, during the day, early evenings or on Saturdays. Otherwise we will liaise with the landlord or existing tenant to find a convenient time. If you see a property which interests you please call us immediately as some properties go very quickly.
“Belvoir Application Form (Part B) ” to be to be filled in and returned to Belvoir Warrington by no later than 4 days after agreeing to take the property. Proof of ID will be required i.e. 2 utility bills (not a mobile phone bill), a copy of your passport or birth certificate or full driving licence.
You will be sent a link from “Let Alliance” for each applicant to complete on-line ASAP.
We require a holding fee of £200.00 – this is required for the property to be removed from the market. This is non refundable, however this will be deducted from your overall tenancy deposit.At this time any details or requirements can be agreed, including occupancy date, duration of the letting, etc.
Tenancy Application Fees
Application fee for single applicant £250 (incl. VAT)
Application fee for a couple £300 (incl. VAT)
Guarantor Application fee £100 (incl. VAT)
Additional Occupant Application fee £100 (incl. VAT)
Plus a Holding fee of £200 (This goes towards your deposit)
The only price shown in our property adverts is the calendar monthly rental cost of the property. Tenancy application charges and possibly other fees will apply but can vary due to a customer's individual circumstances and are therefore excluded from the price shown.
Company Let Fees
Company Application fee £300 (incl. VAT).
Plus a Holding fee of £200 (This goes towards your deposit)
This fee is non-refundable if the company fails to proceed for any reason, or if the tenancy fails to proceed due to inaccurate information provided in the tenancy application.
We will take references on behalf of the landlord. Normally, these will include your employer, credit history, former landlord, adverse credit register and search of electoral roll register.
Payment of Rent & Deposit
The first month rent and balance of deposit needs to be paid 4 days before you move in - this needs to be in cleared funds when you sign your tenancy agreement. We recommend you pay by debit card either in our office or over the phone (There is a £1.50 charge for this Inc VAT). There is a cash handling fee of £10 if you pay by cash. We charge 2.5% Inc VAT for credit card payments.
Move in Process
We will book a Move-in slot with you at our offices in Warrington & at that meeting all applicants / guarantors need to be present to sign your tenancy agreement & inventory for the property. If there are any discrepancies, please inform us in writing up to 7 days after you move in and we will amend all copies. We will provide you with a standing order form for you to set up with your bank.
Move in’s are conducted in our office during opening hours of Monday to Friday between 9.00am & 5.30pm. If you wish to move-in on a Saturday, then there will be a charge of £50 (inc VAT).
Depending upon the service we are undertaken from the landlord, either Belvoir lettings or the landlord will write to the Utility companies (Gas, Electric, Water & Council Tax) & advise them of the dates & readings in-order that they can set-up accounts in your names.
During the Tenancy
After the initial 6 month term, we naturally allow our tenancy agreements to roll into a periodic stage i.e., month by month. Please note if you tenancy is directly with your landlord or with another agent, this may be different.ng the Tenancy
We visit your property every four months to ensure that it is being properly cared for and a report is then sent to the landlord.
Most home insurance policies do not provide adequate cover for damage to landlord’s contents, which could result in loss of deposit or more. Our special policy removes this worry and provides all the cover you would expect from a high quality contents policy along with extra protection and as the largest specialist lettings agent in the UK, Belvoir! has negotiated excellent rates.
- Should rent be late, an arrears letter will be sent to you. Arrears letters carry a penalty charge of £10.00 (Inc VAT) per letter, and the charge must be cleared immediately upon receipt of a letter. If the charge is unpaid by the end of the tenancy, it will be deducted from your deposit.
- £5.00 per day will charged whilst the rent is overdue & remains unpaid.
- Should you extend your tenancy on a fixed terms or periodic basis, then a renewal fee of £50.00 (Inc vat) will be charged.
- Contract negotiation, amending terms and updating your tenancy agreement during your tenancy, then a charge of £50.00 (Inc VAT) will be charged prior to any amendments happening.
- Reference Fee £25 (Inc VAT) applies if we are required to provide a written reference of your tenancy to any third party.
- Pay £75 (Inc vat) Administration charge for the checking of the inventory & informing utility companies at the end of the tenancy.
- If you pay for any rent, deposits, these is a charge for cash handling, £10.00 applies (inc VAT).
- If you pay for any rent, deposits, there is a charge for Credit Card, of 2.5% applies (inc VAT).
- If you pay for any rent, deposits, there is a charge for Debit Card, of £1.50 applies (inc VAT).
- If at any time where we need to return a rent to a tenant, an administration charge of £25.00 (Inc VAT) applies.
- Viewings are accompanied by a trained member of staff, at times convenient to you
- Tenancy agreements are written in plain English and are easy to understand
- Rent paid monthly in advance and all deposits are held with DPS
- A detailed written inventory is given at the start of a tenancy
- Regular inspections of the property
- Very competitive Personal Contents Insurance available for peace of mind
- We manage the relationship between the tenant and the landlord
Belvoir Warrington hold tenants deposits in the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS)
Belvoir Warrington is a member of NALS (National Approval Lettings Scheme) & also the goverment SAFE Agent scheme.
Belvoir Warrington is a member of the TPO (The Property Ombudsmen)