Pop in and see us...
Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm
Saturday by appointment
Belvoir Belfast - Landlords
Should I let my house?
Whether you have to move, or you are looking for an investment, Residential Property Letting can be a very attractive option:
- it helps pay the mortgage
- it keeps you on the home ownership ladder
- new laws make it much easier to let property
- above average returns on investment are possible.
- in many cases your rental income will not be taxed
There are a number of important questions which need serious consideration before making a decision:
- how will tenants treat my house?
- will my current lender allow me to let?
- what if I suddenly need my house back?
- how much tax will I pay on the rental income?
Once you have made the decision to let your house, you must then decide whether to let and manage the property yourself, or to use an agent. Here are ten good reasons why you should consider leaving this to the lettings specialist!
We take the time to understand your requirements and expectations first. Then we will work hard to exceed them. BELVOIR! only do one thing - Lettings - but we do it exceptionally well.
As your Professional Lettings Agent, your can choose between Tenant Find, or Full Management.
- a free rent assessment
- listing your property(ies) on our www
- marketing the property(ies) via print ads
- use of our computerised database of tenants
- accompanied tenant viewings
- in-house credit checking and referencing
- preparation of the tenancy agreement
- collection of 1st month's rent
- dilapidation deposits held in a neutral client account.
Full management (the following services are provided, in addition to all of the Tenant Find services)
- comprehensive rent guarantee and legal insurance
- handling applications for the necessary permissions to let
- gas and electrical inspections prior to tenant occupancy
- full property inventory
- monthly rent collection
- regular statements
- quarterly inspections with written reports to landlord
- supervision of repairs against predefined landlord instructions
- management of the supply, fitting and repair of white goods as required
- on-going handling of tenant problems
- the relationship between you and the Tenant is professionally managed by BELVOIR!
- supervision of property cleaning between tenants' occupancies
- preparation and serving all necessary legal notices
- attendance at court if required
- advice on property preparation to maximise
- property rental value
- an inclusive fee structure
References and credit checks are required by all tenants. In certain circumstances, Guarantors must be supplied too.
We prepare a legal agreement, under current legislation, to suit your particular circumstances. In general this will be for a period of not less than 6 months and then renewable on a month to month basis. This gives you the flexibility to re-occupy the house after giving the tenant two month's notice to quit. Similarly the tenant may terminate after the initial period by giving two month's notice.
We collect a deposit from the tenant to safeguard against damage. This is held in our bonded client's account. At the end of the tenancy we will inspect the property and the costs of any repair work attributed to the tenant, will be deducted from the deposit.
We will be pleased to advise you on the market rent for your property. Rents are payable by the tenant monthly to our client account. You will be paid directly from this account and we will prepare, at regular intervals, an income and expenditure account which you can send to the Inland Revenue.
Rates and Services
The payment of water rates, council tax, gas, electricity and telephone bills are generally